Home > Home > Weekly Announcements > Announcements_04-13-14
April 13, 2014
April Memory Verse:
- Isaiah 53:6 "We all, like sheep,
have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid
on him the iniquity of us all."
Read the Bible in a Year:
- 3 Chapters a day and 5 Chapters on
Youth Praise Band:
FREE YOUTH MOVIE:
- God's Not Dead: Special
showing at Cinema 8 at 4:15 TODAY.
- Easter Lilies: Order at your favorite
florist and deliver to the church. Please give your info to the church office
so your loved one can be remembered in the bulletin.
- Easter Cantata: At both services on
- Live Portrayal Practice: Monday at
- Live Portrayal of the Last Supper:
Thursday, April 17th at 7:30pm
- United Good Friday Service: Friday,
April 18th at 7pm at Kearney EFree
- Sunrise Service: at 56th Street
Easter Sunday at 6:30am followed by breakfast at the church
- Easter Sunday worship services at 8am
Senior Adult Walk:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at
S.O.S. Suicide Support Group:
- Tuesday at 5:30pm.
"Who Do You Think You Are?"
Church Night Activities:
- Adult Study "Books of Moses"
in the Quads, Women's Study, Choir, Youth, BOLD, AWANA, Nursery available.
Youth Lunch Bunch:
- Ladies Prayer Time: Monday Mornings
- Sisters of Ruth: Wednesday at 11:30am
- Dorcas/Tabitha Circle: April 23rd at
- Women's Bible Study: Friday Mornings
- Please join us for Doris
Moomey's 90th Birthday Coffee. Friday, May 2nd from 2-4pm at Ridgeway Room at
Emeritus (Northridge). Send cards to 5410 17th Ave. #241 Kearney, NE 68845
- TUESDAY at 7pm. This week's
topic: Family Secrets; What Mama never told us.
Jr. and Sr. High Girls Study:
- "Speak Love"
Bible Study. Every Sunday at 3:30pm beginning February 2nd at the North Campus.
Moms are encouraged to attend if they would like. Refreshments will be
provided. Hope to see you there!!!
Father Son Wiffle Ball:
- May 4th at 4pm in the FBC
Hunger to Hope:
- May 2-3 at the Buffalo
County Fairgrounds. Packing times, Friday from 4-6 and 6:30-8:30 and Saturday
from 9-11 and 11:30-1:30.
Food, Fun, Games and Prizes:
- At Sunday School April
27th at 9:30am. Preschool and Kindergarten in their rooms, 1st - 6th grade in
the gym. Bring a friend.
Family Fun Fest:
- Sunday, April 27th from
2-5pm at Harmon Park. Bounce Houses, Obstacle Course, Balloon Artist, Face
Paint, and more.
Continuous Oral Read Through the Bible:
- April 27th at 6pm until
May 1st whenever Revelation is finished. In Honor and Celebration of National
Day of Prayer on May 1st. Sign up at Solid Rock. Questions, call Miriam at
Prayer for the Schools:
- May 1st. Call Shel Ramey
at 237-7703 with questions.
- Wood Chip Help Needed:
Saturday, April 26th from 8am - 2pm. Wheel barrows, rakes, shovels and
Reception: Sunday, April
27th 2-4pm Cake Reception honoring Stacey Petersen, our Preschool Director.
Come wish her well as they move on to new endeavors!
Nursery Help Needed:
- Paid and volunteer
positions available. Paid workers must be available every Sunday from 7:30am -
1pm and Wednesday from 6:30pm - 9pm (this is tentative). All applicants must be
willing to obtain required training. Applications available in the office and
on the bulletin board and can be returned to Sam's mailbox or to Victoria.
- Please know that valet
parking is available before and after both services. Whether young or old, the
Valet Team is here to help you!
Living Proof Live with Beth Moore:
- Denver, July 25-26, 2014.
Early bird registration of $59 ends March 25th. Call 800-254-2022 or go to
lifeway.com/livingproof to register.
First Baptist Cares:
- Please join us to encourage
others in our church family and enjoy some fun fellowship. We meet in the
Library, Wednesday nights at 7:00pm.
- First Baptist Cares is
seeking Military addresses of your loved ones. They can be state side or
overseas. We also want e-mail addresses if you have them. We would like to
encourage those who bravely serve our country. Thanks!!!
- Friday Promise Keepers, 11:30am, Saints Alive Room. Bring a sack
lunch. Call Bill @ 440-1030 or Bob @ 893-9217.
- Monday Night Promise Keepers, Monte Krueger's Home, 1705 6th Ave @
7 pm, 1st & 3rd Monday, Questions call 236-9217
- Tuesday Night Promise Keepers, Rob Gwin's Home @ 7:30 pm, 1st
& 3rd Tuesday, Questions call 234-1563
- First Baptist Counselor, Angie McDermott, holds a Master's degree
in Counseling and is a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner. She has been with the Church since January of
1997. You can set up an appointment with Angie by calling (308) 293-2220
- If you need to add a loved one to the
prayer chain please call Krystal Arehart at 308-293-0645 or email to
Prayer Chain by Phone:
- If you would like to receive Prayer
Chain via phone, please contact Karen Vogt at 234-9330 or Terri Lind at
Videos of the Service:
- Please note that you may now WATCH
the worship service. It will be online by Sunday afternoons. Go to
www.kearneyfirstbaptist.org then go to video library and choose the service you
- Help Needed: Part-time Head
Teacher/Director at First Baptist Christian Preschool. Contact the office for
- Preschool times and rates have
changed for 2014-2015. It is hopeful that the change in hours will benefit the
families who have school age children and working parents. The preschool
sessions are 4 & 5 yr olds MWF 8:30-11:00am or 12:15-2:45pm at $95/month
and 3&4 yr olds Tues. & Thurs. 8:30am - 11am @ $85/month. We are taking
registrations now. Register soon to get the session of your choice. Forms
available in the office or at the info desk. Please include $40 registration
fee with your registration form or your spot cannot be held.
Sunday School Hour:
- Beginning March 9th: Basics of
Christianity: Meeting in the Pathfinder's Room
- Beginning March 9th: Newcomers Class:
Meeting in the Choir Room
- Young Adults Sunday School Class: We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- The College Sunday School Class meets
in the Library
- Friends Class: Meets in the Friends
room and studies a variety of topics.
- Saints Alive Class: Meets in the
- Servants and Friends: We meet in the
Gym and study a variety of topics.
- Truth Seekers: We meet in the North
East Quad Room.
- Faith Builders Fellowship Group: We
meet in the SE Quad room. "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic.
- Pathfinders 2: Ministry for middle
agers (stage of life). Biblical principles applied weekly to today's family
issues and current worldly events. All are welcome.
- What In the World is Going On? A study by Turning Point's Dr.
David Jeremiah. Come and learn with us in Hope Class.
- Unshackled: We meet in the SW Quad.
- Agape Sunday School Class: "Joshua" led by Leroy Giffin
- Partners With Christ Class: We are studying the Sermon on the
Mount. Join us!
- Young Adults Class: Join us for an hour of fellowship and study.
We meet downstairs in the old youth room.
- Bible Expo Class: We are studying Ephesians. We meet in the Lower